GAĻAS PĀRSTRĀDES UZŅĒMUMS NĀKOTNE LTD
is implementing the research project within the framework of Action Programme “Growth and Employment” 1.2.1 Specific Support Objective “Increase Private Sector Investments in R&D” 22.214.171.124 Event “Support for the Development of New Products and Technologies within Competence Centers” during the fourth round of project submissions.
The Project of European Regional Development Fund
„ FOOD INDUSTRY COMPETENCE CENTRE OF LATVIA”
Project No. 126.96.36.199.i.0/1/22/A/CFLA/003
Research Project: No.18
“New And High Added Value Product Development For The Enlargement Of The Assortment Of Export Products”
The aim of the research project is to develop new exportable meat and non-meat products with high added value by utilizing production by-products.
Total funding for the research project:
Eligible costs: 593 650 EUR, including Cohesion and Resilience Mechanism co-financing: 285 277.50 EUR
The implementation of the research project started on March 1, 2023, and will continue until August 31, 2024.
Achieved Results from 03.2023. to 05.2023.:
Developed the technology concept for the product Vegan Jerky and defined parameters for product manufacturing.
Four (4) product recipes and technological cards have been developed.
To familiarize themselves with the current innovations in the meat processing industry, conduct in-depth market research for export, and introduce export clients to the company’s new developments, including Vegan Jerky in its current product development stage, the representatives of “Gaļas pārstrādes uzņēmums Nākotne” LTD participated in the following exhibitions:
Food Exhibition “Fast Food & Café & Restaurant Expo” (Stockholm)
Food Exhibition “IFE London 2023” (London)
Food Exhibition “ISM Cologne” (Cologne)
Food Exhibition “PLMA Amsterdam 2023” (Amsterdam)
Information about the project of the Food Industry Competence Centre of Latvia
The study is being implemented within the framework of Food Industry Competence Centre of Latvia (LPKC) project. LPKC encompasses two scientific directions:
- Increasing the market for Latvian producers’ products, which includes:
- Innovative products and technologies, following the latest trends in circular economy (including eco-technological products, food safety and quality monitoring solutions);
- Product packaging solutions;
- Food logistics solutions, including technologies that improve shelf life, storage time, and reduce transportation costs while maintaining high product quality and shortening the path from the producer to the consumer.
- Increasing the added value and competitiveness of production, which includes:
- Improving the utilization of food by-products in higher value-added products;
- Research in agriculture and fruit growing to improve resource utilization efficiency – suitable species, cultivation technologies;
- New, innovative products with higher added value by maximizing existing markets, technologies, and other production factors.
The goal of LPKC is to support at least 20 research projects in accordance with the defined research directions, developing new products and technologies in the industry and implementing them in production, thus promoting collaboration between the research and industrial sectors, as well as increasing the competitiveness of industry participants.